Hikers’ bus, ski bus, local train, airport shuttle or taxi: If you’re spending your holidays in the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena, you don’t need a car to be mobile and flexible. Take a look at our convenient overview to find out what holiday guests should know about public transportation at the foot of the Zugspitze!
Find your ride
Winter and summer buses
The really good news up front: All holiday guests who have a valid guest card can use the bus for free all winter long – and throughout the entire Tiroler Zugspitz Arena.
Bus schedules for winter 2023/24
- Line 1 Ehrwald-Biberwier-Lermoos-Ehrwald
- Line 150 Reutte-Bichlbach-Ehrwald-Nassereith
- Line 198T Lermoos Kirchplatz-Grubigsteinbahn-Bahnhof-Obergarten
- Lini 2 Ehrwald-Lermoos-Biberwier-Ehrwald
- Line 3 Ehrwald Tiroler Zugspitzbahn-Bahnhof-Ehrwalder Almbahn
- Line 4 Ehrwald Tiroler Zugspitzbahn-Kirchplatz-Ehrwalder Almbahn
- Line 5 Brand-Berwang-Bichlbach-Lermoos-Ehrwald-Biberwier
- Line 6 Brand-Berwang-Bichlbach-Heiterwang
- Line 8 Nightliner Ehrwald-Lermoos-Biberwier
Bavaria-Tyrol Guest Bus
During winter season, the free Bavaria-Tyrol Guest Bus travels back and forth between Lermoos, Ehrwald, Grainau and Garmisch-Partenkirchen six times a day.
Important: This service is available to all holiday guests of the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena, Grainau and Garmisch-Partenkirchen who have a valid guest card. The guest card serves as bus ticket.
Here you will find the current timetables for the guest bus.
Regio-Ticket Werdenfels (+ Innsbruck)
From Reutte to Munich and back – comfortable and without any traffic jams. The Werdenfelsbahn of the DB Regio Bayern makes this possible. The Regio-Ticket Werdenfels costs EUR 24.00 and another EUR 9.00 for every additional person.
Tip: For an additional EUR 5.50 – hence for EUR 29.50 total – holiday guests of the Tiroler Zugspitz Arena can travel all the way to Innsbruck. What’s more, up to three children between the ages of six and 15 can ride the train for free – perfect for a family excursion with up to five people.
For more information on the Regio-Ticket Werdenfels, please visit the website of Deutsche Bahn!
Airport shuttle or taxi: Various transfer services are offered in the holiday region on the Tyrolean side of the Zugspitze.